The topic I finally settled on is going to be on music and how it has helped to shape my life. Music has shaped me in so many ways as a person. Growing up I have always been very musical in almost every way. For as long as I can remember I have wanted to sing. ( My mom even has it on VHS) And even before I could talk my mom has told me I used to dance to whatever music came on the radio. When I was in preschool, I can clearly remember singing my heart out at every school show we put on. Back then I wasn't very good but what did I care. All I knew was it was music. And music made me happier then anything in the whole world. As I grew older I began to really dive into different genres and try to learn the songs that I really liked. I wasn't too good at it at first but I knew I was better than most my age. Or at least in my head I was. It wasn't until like maybe fourth grade that I realized, "hey I'm pretty damn good." The problem was we didn't have a real choir at my shitty little Catholic school for me to really show my potential. Well, as far as any other grade but 7th no others matter. Because in seventh grade WE HAD A CHOIR!! Or rather the school I was attending at the time did and I was in heaven.....for the music aspect anyways. Well my choral teacher was this brilliant woman, who's name I can't remember for the life of me, but any who, she taught me I had potential and was one in very few who could sing like I could. O.K...so when she told me this I was ecstatic!! And I continued to train with her until i moved at the end of the year......which way so very sad. But it's all whatever i guess and I moved to a different school with a horrid little jacked up choir and...it just sucked. So we can skip that. In high school I dominated every choir I was in. Which is cool I guess. But I mean you know eh. That's high school. I really wasn't influenced by a clear person, composition or thing. I just have a knack for music in general. I mean I'm not trying to make myself sound sooo awesome or whatever or conceited in anyway...which is how most people see me....I just really put my mind to music where as some others don't. I don't try I just do what comes naturally to me. And if that's being conceited to other people, then fine, I don't give a damn what they think. I am a musical person. Music runs through me and I NEED it like I need oxygen. That's why i chose music.
Thursday, January 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I respect your passion for your music to the highest degree! I don't feel as though you’re conceited, you’re just confident in your work. I can relate to the fact you did not have to have that one person to put it in your head to sing, you just did it for YOU... And that’s cool because I feel the same about dance. I also see looking at your blog you mentioned the “jacked up" choirs you've been in and I see this as being the reason that you are where you are now... There is this saying that my uncle uses and it’s, "I'd rather you be a big fish in a pond, than a little fish in a big sea." I guess this means it’s better to be ahead and know where you’re at, than be in a place where you’re like... OK What now? You know? It just seems to me to be your steps to the top... I hope you make it!!!!!
ReplyDelete